Last updated: January 1, 2020
Our websites exist to provide you with information, resources, tools, products and services specific to the senior hospitality and retirement industries and related markets. Our family of websites currently include:
2. Information we collect
We collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. Some of this information identifies you directly (Personally Identifiable Information), like when you provide us with personal information and some information is collected automatically (Non-Personally Identifiable Information).
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) refers to any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of PII include a name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, or a credit card number. SHI collects only the PII that you voluntarily provide to us such as when you register to use our Services, receive Blog updates, set up a profile, create content, or complete a form to request more information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII) You might also be asked for, or choose to provide, additional information about yourself that does not, itself, specifically identify you. However, some information of this kind, such as your geographic preferences may be required (or merely requested) when you register for the Services and may be associated with your PII. We may also automatically collect other types of NPII as you use the Services, including technical information (such as your IP address, mobile device ID, or browser type) and usage information (such as location data, preferred language, the parts of the Services you have visited, which links you have clicked and other information about how you interact with the Services). This information is anonymous, and is not associated with your PII, although it may be associated with other pieces of anonymous information about you.
3. How your information is used
The use of information depends upon the context in which it was collected.
- Personally Identifiable Information may be used for the purpose of fulfilling your requests, to contact you regarding your account or to notify you regarding changes to our policies, service updates, account management procedures and customer service. We may also use this information to e-mail you Blog posts, newsletters or tips about the retirement industry or how to use our services and inform you of updates to communities that you have been matched with or favorited.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be used to enable us to generate aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction, to customize your experience on the website, to make improvements to the website and our services, to inform potential partners and advertisers about the size and characteristics of our audience.
4. How your information is protected.
Since your financial information and certain other Personal Information is especially sensitive, we take special care to keep it secure. We will only electronically transmit or ask for this information over secure Internet connections using precautions such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption, an accepted standard for online security. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of the information we store.
Children Policy: While our sites are for the general audience and media, we do not knowingly intend to sell or provide services to or collect information from children under the age of 18.
5. How you can access and update your information or Unsubscribe.
If you have created an account, account settings can be changed from your account dashboard. This includes reviewing and changing Personally Identifiable Information and setting e-mail preferences if applicable. New types of marketing communications might be added from time to time. You can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the messages you receive.
Some administrative and account-related communications are necessary to ensure we provide you with the highest level of service, therefore if you have registered an account, you cannot opt out from receipt of these communications, except if you cancel your registration for the Services entirely. This can be done by submitting a request to Support@SeniorHospitality.com.
Please note that this policy may change or be updated at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon being posted unless otherwise communicated.
7. Contacting Us.
Senior Hospitality International
Att: Legal Dept.
3116 Weddington Road, Suite 900-901
Matthews, NC, 28105